OK. You took a kitten. You were with her at the vet. You have the necessary one so you can feel comfortable in your home. But very soon you have to learn about nutritional needs of cats. While a dog is an omnivore, a cat is carnivorous by excellence. So nutritional needs of cats are different from a dog’s.
Nutritional needs of cats
A feline nutritionist I‘ve never seen, someone will say more. And yet, in the US, the cat’s country, and then the dogs, there is the National Animal Diet Food Institute.
Which solves this big problem of our true and disinterested friends. Anyone who knows that cat food is based on meat. How many cat lovers are, there are so many eating methods. From my 33-year-old experience of raising cats, I can tell you many things.
A balanced diet of cats provided by the following food components:
• Taurine-maintains heart health and visual acuity
• Carnitine – supports lipid metabolism for urinary tract health
• Carcass-source of betacarotene to keep a strong immune system
• Spinach-rich in iron and vitamins, to maintain a healthy circulatory system
.• Chicory – a natural source of prebiotics that helps maintain healthy digestion
• Rosemary-is a natural antioxidant that helps fight free radicals
• Rape Seeds – an important source of fatty acids (omega 3 and omega 6) that help maintain healthy skin and coat
• Chicken, turkey, beef, fish, etc.
All these found in special food for cats. The form of croquettes (dry food). The form of canned foods (junk food). For juniors, adults, seniors, sterilized cats, diabetic cats, etc.
I have many cats, I give them dry food and I give them some moist food From time to time. You can also see my post here.
Do not spoil at the price of food, the better it is, the more cats will eat, but will be healthier to our delight.
List of foods that can given to cats as such
• Food based on meat (meat of all species). Organs (liver, cow’s heart, kidney, spleen); fresh or frozen, mixed with rice. Attention to fish: only boned and boiled. All meat given only at room temperature, only boiled pork
• Milk- based foods – Calcium port for bone health – Milk appreciated by the cat and can eat daily. In quantities of up to 100 ml, especially in younger nutrition. Some cats refuse milk but accept cow’s cheese, butter, melted cheese, sour cream and cheese. Butter is particularly necessary, especially in the younger.
• Eeggs-just yolk, 2-3 times a week
• Spinach, carrot, ivy … and grass – are secondary foods in the cat’s diet. Is necessary because of their vitamin content. Some vitamins purchased by themselves by washing their skin and coats. I cultivate grass in jardinière and my cats eat it with pleasure to adjust their digestion.
• Bones are not given in cat food except for bone powder
Chocolate attention: It is toxic to cats and sometimes its consumption can be fatal. I tell you to resist the temptation to offer him chocolate if the cat urges her. Instead, offer your cats olive (black only) and you will witness a special show until they eaten.
Also prohibited: onions, potatoes and uncooked tomatoes, dough, grapes and raisins, caffeine and alcohol, garlic and chives.
For a balanced diet, depending on age and many other criteria, you can check a wide range of products here.Amazon.co.uk Widgets
or click on the adjacent banners, perhaps inspire you to buy something for your friends without speech.
This helps me to fund my blogging. Thank you for your support .
It does not cost extra if you buy through my site.
How to administer food and drinking water
The Great Pasteur recommends that the water and food vessels are very clean. They should washed daily (twice a day in sommer), but never with detergents. Detergent traces, would produce cat-poisoned cats.that ate or drank. From such dishes.
Foods should always chop or in the form of pasta. The ration will include meat or data through the mincing machine. Mixed with green vegetables and carrots. How can we teach kittens to eat, so we’ll have them all their lives.
An amount of about 150 gr. Raw beef or boiled pork should found daily in the food ration. For young cats, two meals a day recommended, in the morning and in the evening, for adults only, in the evening. In the morning they will be dairy. If the cat refuses to eat, it’s definitely a problem with this freshness.
I have several cats. I have used them with croquettes, at their disposal all the time and canned dates. From time to time, all at once. It seems cats eat what they need, I have no problems. But they always have fresh water. You can see here my revew.
Cats do not like receiving food less often and in large portions. They are prone to eat small quantities several times. Commercial dry food is ideal. It can leave permanently at the cat’s disposal. If you want to dispose of the dry food from the trade, you do it gradually. Mix the new type of food with the old one.
Refusal of food is a symptom of many diseases. But you can also meet the healthy cat.
The cat may refuse food if:
• it placed near the litter
• placed in a place circulating with many people
• in the presence of an aggressive cat who threatens her and attacks her when she wants to eat
A negative experience (allergic reaction, nausea, vomiting) can cause an aversion to the taste and smell of food.
The reduced physical activity combined with a too rich diet can easily overcome the nutritional balance of the cat. Offered in the sign of love, too often, can also unbalance. The result: you will have an obese cat. The overweight cat does not have an ideal life for his prey.
The quality of food can checked by the condition of the hair. It must be soft, odorless, clean and shiny. If health problems occur, the hair is more opaque, greasy and fragile.
If you want a healthy cat to enjoy, you will take my advice into account. The nutritional needs of the cat differ from a dog. It differs from human needs. You will maintain a rigorous hygiene of the pots that you give them to drink and From which they drink water. If you can give it to cats, remove the remaining contents From the cat’s table into a jar. The jar holds it in the fridge.
If you have suggestions for the things you want to find on my site, do not hesitate to tell me. Let me know what you think and if you have any idea, you can suggest in your comments.
You can now learn to communicate directly with your cat